[All Platforms] Queue Length/Duration

I often find myself putting numerous songs on queue. I think it would be nice to be able to see how "long" your queue is like you can with albums and playlists.

This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2021-03-06

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Katerina
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-03-09

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea - we've also edited slightly the title of your idea to make your suggestion more clear to other users.

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

laurakoch
Gig Goer

Sometimes, especially if I'm going on long car rides or something, I would like to see how long my queue will take. But, Spotify doesn't tell you, and I think it should so that you know how many songs to add. It could be similar to the way it says how many minutes a playlist will take. 

I don't see how there is a down side to this personally so I figured it would be worth mentioning. Thanks! 

Luan
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Edit: merged with existing idea

solymossybalazs
Casual Listener

It would be cool to be able to see the length of the compiled queue. For example if I'm traveling somewhere and I know that the trip will be approximately an hour, I won't choose more than 1 hour of songs when I'm making a queue. I know if I choose enough time of songs. It would be very helpful.

Screenshot_20201129-154004_Spotify.jpg
Xenia

Edit: merged with existing idea

robert_joy
Gig Goer

What if you just made a playlist instead of a queue?  Then you could see the elapsed length.

Austinnunis
Visitor

Whenever I’m in charge of music for drives with my friends I generally queue up a bunch of songs for us. A lot of times we either run out of songs for our drive or queue up too many songs and can’t through all the ones we want to listen to during our drive. SOOOO I think there should be a feature when your go look at your queue where it shows you the total time your queued songs are. Like if I have 7 queued songs then it would tell me that this set of 7 is 25 minutes total or whatever. Tiny but helpful!! 

Jacob
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2021-03-06

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!