[All Platforms][Radio] Allow me to save and revisit an Autoplay "session"

Spotify's Autoplay feature is phenomenal. Sometimes it hits you out of the blue with the most incredible afternoon of music - it's almost like it's adopted a DJ persona that fits perfectly with your current music needs. The problem (first world) is that it's devastagingly ephemeral.

It would be amazing if I could save Spotify's DJ "brain state" (whatever mood it seems to have adopted) as a dynamic playlist of some kind. As in, whatever the **bleep** it was doing yesterday afternoon from 13:00 to 21:00 - I want to be able to ask to do it again.

Updated on 2019-10-07

Closing this idea for now. Please feel free to open another Idea Submission if you have more ideas to recommend!

Related Ideas

Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2019-09-12

Hello,

Have you seen the History inside the Play Queue? Here you can see what you have been listening to recently. You can find more info about the History here.

Could you let us know if this is what you are looking for? Have a nice day.

benvan
Casual Listener

Hey Guido,

Thanks for the follow up. 

Not quite - for one thing, the play queue history is very short.

But more specifically - this feature idea is not about making a repeatable playlist with the same songs in it - it's about capturing spotify's "mood" when it's generating a dynamic playlist, and bottling it up.

If I were to present a contrived example - let's say yesterday Spotify played me 100 songs on autopilot. The mood was mostly upbeat / happy / feelgood. Today I try to get "back in the mood" so I pick a song from yesterady and play it. Spotify decides that the song I played represents "folk songs" and starts playing me other folk music. But I'm not after folk music - I'm after the upbeat / happy / feelgood mood it was in yesterday - and I'd love to hear what it would have continued to play if I hadn't had to go to sleep.

Does that make more sense?

p.s. sorry for the late response - I missed the notification from this :(

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hey @benvan, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

One suggestion I have is to make a playlist from those songs in your Play Queue History and then either use Spotify's "Create Similar Playlist" button to get a set playlist of songs, or the "Go to Playlist Radio" button to make an automatic Radio with similar songs. On the desktop app, those two buttons are available when you right-click on a playlist's name; on mobile you can "Go to radio" if you open a playlist and tap on the three dots in the top right.

Please let me know if this is helpful or if there's anything else I can do for you :)

benvan
Casual Listener

Hey @Jacob

Thanks for the idea, I'll give that a go. The second option (radio) seems preferable, since as you say it will surface new music (rather than play the same songs)

Cheers!

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-10-07

Closing this idea for now. Please feel free to open another Idea Submission if you have more ideas to recommend!