[All Platforms][Radio] Amazon Echo: Default Radio 'Station Service'

Currently, with an Amazon Echo device, Spotify can only be set as the default "music library".  It would be great to be able to set it as the default "Station Service" and tie into the radio functionality.  Eg: "Alexa, play XX Artist/Song radio" and it would play a radio station on that artist/song thru Spotify.

Updated on 2017-10-21

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-10-25

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search.

appetterson

I'd love this. The prime stations are abysmal. It'd be great to start spotify stations with voice rather than having to dig your phone out. 

dbiszek

PLEASE make this happen.

jamesandtina

I use Spotify nearly exclusively to play stations. Now that I also have Alexa, this seems like a serious feature in need of addressing. 

Zvq2

+5 (my friends and I all have Amazon echoes and Spotify premium) We use artist radio frequently! Thank you. 

JoshuaRGris

I would like this also. Seeing as Alexa is the highest sold Household smart device, you think Spotify would make this a priority. They are losing TONS of time to Alexa choosing Pandora instead of Spotify.

deejayjaytay

This is the only way I listen to Spotify.  Will likely cancel if this feature isn't developed soon.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2017-10-21

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)