Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Radio] Anonymous Listening - Unbiased Song/Artist radios

When I go to an artist or song radio, the algorithm that creates the playlist seems to be biased towards my existing preferences. 

This means that when I find a new artist I like and want to find similar music, I'm faced with loads of the music I've already liked/added to a playlist even if those songs don't really seem relevant.

What I'd like is a way to generate artist/song radio without any bias. As if I had just joined Spotify and it didn't have any idea about my music preferences.

Almost like how when you use Google Chrome's incognito mode, it forget's all your previously browsed URLs and gives you unbiased search results.

Updated on 2022-01-20

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Comments
Petya
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-06-03

Hey there  ,

Thanks for submitting your idea! 

It has been marked as a new one and others can now vote for it!

For more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify, click here.

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @jaysush!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-20

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

jdemaeyer

While I would still much prefer Spotify provide an official setting, I have created a small service that lets you listen to song/artist radio without any personalization: https://spoqify.com/

Here's hoping it'll be obsolete soon! 🙂