[All Platforms][Radio] Bring Back Personalized Radio Stations (In Favor of Created by Spotify Radio)

Its apparent that radio was removed in favor of this "Created by spotify" playlist radio which removes the ability to get the personalization of thumbs up and thumbs down. This clearly is undesirable for any user and is a bug, not a feature. Many are requesting the personalized radio stations with thumbs up thumbs down buttons, but these posts are buried by spotify. It turns out spotify still supports the old school personalized radios, they're just hidden, which introduces many bugs into this poorly designed service. Here are a few examples of why this is a bug, and why spotify developers better hurry up and unf**k radio before they lose more customers.

If you click "Go to Song/Artist/Playlist" radio for song/artist/playlist X, you get sent to a playlist titled "X Radio" which is really a radio playlist "Created by Spotify", with no personalization (thumbs up and down) available. But if you open an old school radio station on desktop by going to your stations, you get a "Song/Album/Artist Radio based on X", and on desktop the thumbs come back! So there are two notions of a radio, the old school personalized radios, and the new school bs absolutely terrible created by spotify radios. This creates the following glitches and inconsitencies:

• You have a "Stations" section of your library on desktop with your personalized stations, unavailable on mobile, which when listened to will shows thumbs up and down on desktop, but not on mobile
  • If you play an old school "based on" radio on desktop, then open your spotify mobile app, you can navigate to an old school radio and listen on your phone, but have no way of saving this on your phone or ever navigating back to it
  • You can on desktop have an old school personalized radio and a new school created by spotify radio for the same song/album/artist, with completely different songs! This is the most confusing of them all, I had to include a screen shot
  • When you go to a playlist the click "go to radio", you actually get an old school personalized radio on both mobile and desktop. But on mobile it cannot be saved as a station, and doesn't have thumbs up buttons

The list goes on and on of how confusing, backwards, and pitifully designed this radio feature is. The old one was great, and you ruined it and lost a ton of customers in the process. Here's a link to the 100000000 posts of people requesting you to fix this, which got ignored because your community is a disjoint mess (people make the same posts independently and you ignore their requests because each individual post didn't get enough attention). 

...the list goes on but I'm getting bored of this. But better include this fun fact for anyone else who misses their old school personalized radios: open desktop, find the song/album/artists you want a radio for, and click and drag that to "Radio" button in the top left of the screen. You will magically open into the old radio with thumbs up and down. Don't think you can save it though, thanks spotify.

P.S. No customer should have to waste their time fixing your problems, I contacted support but they couldn't put me in touch with your hopeless dev team. For you own good you better fix this but while you're at it either hire me or give me free spotify for life. Music is so important to people and it really sucks to see you guys mess it up so bad.

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 5.32.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 5.32.37 PM.png

Updated on 2019-09-04

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Bring-back-Thumbs-up-down-in-radio/idi-p/4669906

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-09-04

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Bring-back-Thumbs-up-down-in-radio/idi-p/4669906

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here