[All Platforms][Radio] Playlist Radio Should be Based on Song Characteristics, Not Artists

When you play a playlist radio some of the recommendations are from the same playlist´s artists. It should be labelled by song´s style, not artists.

Thanks

Updated on 2017-08-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: Need more information
Updated: 2016-08-25

Hi and thanks for your contribution! Can you clarify your suggestion a bit? Are you requesting that Radio should only look at each songs' characteristics, not the characteristics of the artists themselves?

njorge
Casual Listener

Hi thank you for the concern about it.

Yes, is a little bit tricky. My point is that if I want a song from the same artists or related ones I can go directly to the artist's albums or search for related artists.

I make my playlists in order to have a Same Mood Music List. There are a lot of artists which have different moods music. Sometimes I find good music to add on a playlist on his own playlist radio. Most of the times, and always if I have two or three songs of the same artists on a playlist, I have to unlike too much times to get off an artist of a playlist radio. 

I really like the radio option. Thanks to it I have found a lot of good music, but it works better if is a song's radio. Although sometimes it takes a long time. 

Yes, I think that that the Radio's way to select music should stay more focused on the song's characteristics. There are a lot of artists that you only listen one song from his whole discography, if I like the artist I will check his discography. And if the artist have one style of music (for an only mood) and I want to discover more I have the related artist option. 

The problem here is labelling, it has to be more specific, and for very each song. 

Thanks,

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-08-26

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search.

njorge
Casual Listener

What about this?

Playlist and Song´s Radio Should be Based on Song Characteristics, Not Artists.

Thanks

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2017-08-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!