[All Platforms][Radio] Selecting "Go to Song/Artist/Album Radio" should lead to a radio station like before

Hey!

There are changes introduced to radio feature and as a result it seems there are two separate ways to get a radio station for albums, artists and songs. It's quite confusing.

When you click three dots on any artist, song or album and hit 'Go to artist/song/album radio' in the context menu, you'll be brought to something like this:
menuradio.PNGNotice how it says 'Playlist' above the title.

Autoplay will continue playback after the list ends, but this is, in my opinion, not supposed to be replacing the radio feature.

Real radio station, which can be created by going to Radio menu on left-hand bar on desktop (Station in Your Library on mobile), hitting 'Create New Station' button, typing in the name of song/artist/album and clicking on the result) looks like this: trueradio.PNGNotice how it says 'album radio'. There is also no definite number of tracks.

In conclusion, creating a Radio (e.g on a song) will yield two different results - a playlist and a radio station based on the song.

I find Spotify should consider creating a radio station in both cases to avoid confusion.

Thank you for reading. :)

Updated on 2019-08-12

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Community :)

Since this idea was created, the Create Station button has been removed from the Radio tab in the destkop app.

To learn more about how Spotify Radio works, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)

Related Ideas

Comments
ReverendRad
Regular

I agree. I can't get any radio staitons to come up even the ones I have progammed into my stations in my library. It just takes me to a playlist. The radio function was one of my favotire and most used functions. 

587etpsnldg2lfe

Totally agree. The radio function was why I moved to Spotify from Apple Music.

If Spotify want to enable users to download a Radio, they should offer both possibilities but I would prefer being able to dislike songs and have them removed from my Radio instead of having to skip them over and over again.

Funny enough, the webplayer still allows such radios but who uses that?

Please bring the old Radio function back in some form.

Thanks!

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-03-11

Marked as a new idea :)

Remazz

Instructions in Account say "Tip: On desktop, go to Radio in the menu on the left to get recommended Radio playlists.."

There is no Radio in the left menu on my desktop.

There is no left menu at all on Spotify screen on "smart" TV. I reported that several times to "support," they don't address it in  replies.

Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-08-12

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Community :)

Since this idea was created, the Create Station button has been removed from the Radio tab in the destkop app.

To learn more about how Spotify Radio works, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)