Announcements

[All Platforms][Radio] Spotify radio replays your own content

This idea has already been touched on, but I just want to reiterate how useless the Spotfiy radio algorithm is compared to Apple or Amazon music. Spotify radio plays songs that I already have saved or in my playlists, which is an utter defeat of the purpose of radio. I was loyal to spotify since its arrival in the U.S., I remember listening to NPR announce it when I was in high school. Never did I think I would have to leave it, but now that I know other platforms are much better at helping listeners expand their knowledge of music, I will be abandoning spotify for good. We had a good run ay?

Updated on 2020-09-19

As we haven't gathered your feedback for more than a week, we are closing this suggestion. If you want, feel free to submit a brand new idea anytime again. We'll love to hear your thoughts about ways to make Spotify better.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-09-13

Hey,

Thanks for your feedback.

If you're suggesting that Spotify Radios shouldn't play songs you already have featured in your playlists, would you mind confirming this or re-phrasing the Idea accordingly?

This will help us make sure we're on the same page regarding what's being asked here.

Cheers!

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-09-19

As we haven't gathered your feedback for more than a week, we are closing this suggestion. If you want, feel free to submit a brand new idea anytime again. We'll love to hear your thoughts about ways to make Spotify better.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.