[All Platforms][Radio] "Bands in your area" Radio

It would be great to pull from a list of bands playing in your area, or even for a specific music venue in the near future, and be able to listen to a radio of the music that is coming near you.

This would be great to listen to new music, and be able to attend a local concert of an artist if you enjoy their music on the radio station.

I tend to look through a music venues upcoming calendar, and it would be nice to get a sense of the music without having to go through each band specifically and listen to their music.

Updated: 2016-12-03
Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-12-09

Marked as new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

dbuskirk

Like it....  Making sure you are familiar with BandinTown App btw...

this-wm
Casual Listener

I have been looking on all of the other streaming music services for this feature too.  ReverbNation seems to have it.  Spotify should most definitely do this, if only in the interest of staying competative.  It would also be a great, value adding feature that local musicians could use to find each other and fans to find artists whose gigs they would like to attend.  Who wouldn't pay for that?

[edited to correct spelling]

this-wm
Casual Listener

I've posted this in my own thread on the subject, here's a reposting so you don't have to click on a link 

"... bandcamp offers this feature. In Discover > filter by: Location. It isn't great however. Spotify could improve on it by offering more locations to filter by. For example, I live in Perth Western Australia, but bandcamp only lists one Australian city, Melbourne. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Australian Geography, Perth and Melbourne are separated by 3418KM and are on the opposite sides of Australia. Perth also has a music scene with it's own producers and DJs... it'd be great to be able to find all of them via Spotify."

lmaxsmith

I would like to see the option to weight suggestions (like Discover Weekly) by proximity. I find so many great little independent bands that I will never get to see in concert because they live half way around the world. But I know Portland is full of great musicians That I can't find.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-12-03
Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!