[All Platforms] Reduce Number of Advertisements

The amount of advertisement that we free Spotify users is a bit overkill. I understand that the point of having ads and all is to try and convince people to purchase Spotify Premium or a service from an outside source, but i think there should be a limit to how many ads we see. Advertisements show up every six to seven songs and even show up on the Spotify browser and app when you are not using it. Now I do not speak for everyone when i say this, but i don't think barraging users with constant " BUY ME" ads will make us more likely to buy something. I understand the point of ads nowadays is to catch the listeners attention, whether the method for that is annoying or not is another thing. If this wasn't implied by this message already, a little less of the ads and a little more music would be nice.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-06-10

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Part of the reasons for ads is it pays the Artists who provide there Music

Good luck with your idea 😄

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-06-17

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search. Spotify Free relies on advertising revenue to pay rightsholders for the streamed music: you may want to support this idea about improving ads.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-06-10

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!