Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
slinkoff

Would really like to see this implemented

larsboth

Dooooo iiiiit! 🙂

svenJ76

This thread started in 2012, I have no much hope that this features is coming... Although it should technically be no problem.

Come on Spotify! 

EinHamburger

Specially for audio books it will be a great and a must have have feature.

A good example for an auto bookmark is for my taste the "MortPlayer Audio Books" for Android.
It set an automatic bookmark when you stop listening an Audio book (play list). If you re-visit the play list it will resume 10 seconds before the bookmark.
No extra user interface must be implemented by using this method.
Could this be an easy solution for the programming and GUI ?

For concerns by confusing existing users: the feature could be switched in the advanced setting section.
After stop listing or leaving an Audio book and/or play list the first time a pop-up box could ask if the "auto bookmark" feature should be switched on and remembered with a hint to the advanced settings.

pcgecko85

This is really needed now that Discover Weekly is available. It's hard to remember where you were when it's all new songs! Especially if you move from device to device a lot...

bftbomk

This is exactly what I was searching for, I was just about to start a new idea submisson until I find this topic.Especially for Discover Weekly and long playlists.

ikeaboy15

This request should also cover remembering the current track in an album (the same way Netflix remembers where you stopped watching a particular episode in a TV series, for example). Spotify has now albums that were originally 3-, 5-, 10-CD sets, etc. I do not have enough time to finish them off and I want to come back to where I left off later but there's no way to do that.

joakim-m

I need this.

Stahlgewitter

Pleaaase.

As written before: a must have for audio books. I like to listen to audio books in the car and to music at work. Without a bookmark function for audio books this is really painful.