Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Vlade

+1000

Sillyolbear

I thought this would have been fixed YEARS ago

BeardMathieson

Fantastic idea! Revolutionary!!!

I can’t believe this doesn’t already exist.

jgggr

This is such a basic feature. I listening to a playlist that is an audio book in my car... Then I listen to some music at work, when i go back to the audio book I have to remember the track i was hearing before... driving me nuts.

Eddie-CH

This is a basic behavior that should have existed from the beginning. It was requested in numerous threads, this one with over 1300 upvotes as well https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Remember-Position-in-Playlist-Album/idi-... And then it was closed... 😞

I don't understand why such a basic feature does not exist. When you switched your cassette-tapes and returned to one that you listened to before, the tape was in exact position where you left, so you could RESUME listening. When you eject a DVD and re-insert it later it offers the option to RESUME.

So why in the digital age is so hard to understand and implement this as a BASIC feature?

I would replace that fat green "SHUFFLE" button with a "RESUME" button.

I have to clone all my playlist and albums to a separate Bookmark folder, and always delete the listened tracks to mantain a last position and resume.

AwesomeLemon

Yep, lack of this seriously diminishes my enjoyment of spotify and pushes me to other services. The fact that this hasn't been fixed since 2012 makes this even more annoying

somniomusic

Oh my god YESSSS this drives me crazy!! Thank you for bringing it up.

salmonchocolato

Please This is really basic, there has been a number of posts of this idea over the years and Spotify didn't payed any attention to is. Is really simple and useful!

nysteve

This has been driving me nuts!!!!!!! I have lists that are more than 100 tracks; and there are lists that I share with friends as curated discover dumps, and the fact that I lose my place in the those lists simply because I travel to another list to play something for a second I FN CRAZY!!!!! 388 VOTES is not enough for a feature consideration??? I'm a paid user, and considering leaving the platform because so many basic usability features are ignored. Yeah you're an industry leader now, and  you can ignore users requests but you won't be an industry leader for long if you keep going this way. 😞

magnusthome

1000+ on this.

It's like someone wrote, I'm playing my favorite mix tape and switch over to something else for a short while. Then I want to resume my favorite mix. But it restarts from the beginning. So I hear the first songs a million times and the later songs in the mix... like never 😞