Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
ThornoHammer

Great idea. I like to switches between playlists and would love to continue where I left off 👍👍

levsa

This is a must when listening to books with playlist of chapters. 

martonballa19

yes, please add this feature

Kalebo

Whoa whoa whoa how is this CLOSED? It's very much a needed feature - if you put a poll out there I'd suspect you'd find loads of people reframe from changing playlists for immobilizing fear of losing their spot in a particular playlist, podcast or audio book. There was a need for this 10 years ago, most people don't think about it because they don't have it. Or they don't want to waste their time suggesting things that will take years to get declined. But if we did have it, people would LOVE IT. 

On the topic of bookmarking your playlist positions - it would be nice to highlight any songs or podcasts that have been added since your last listen. 

RMH1
I’m convinced the people who decide on features like this add little value. This feature is extremely important if you have multiple playlists. Someone take the initiative at Spotify and move this feature along
Marusuerka

Hey, still nothing in this matter? I would really appreciate it. Actually surprised that even in 2022 there is nothing like a bookmark in Spotify. Sometimes I just look into my last.fm database and look for those songs but it is a **bleep** of a lost time. Also, I don´t think it is such a difficult task to make. 🙂 Peace out from Prague.

matt4121

please add this feature 

nikalacy

I really think the mods should count the likes on this old thread from 2012 that is still being interacted with. Since the posting of this new thread, there have been 45 **comments** made on the old thread so far. There must be far more likes that were given in that time if there's been that much comment interaction.

nikalacy

Recent commenters should go check out THE NEW THREAD about this which is live and trying to gain traction. It's in desperate need of likes to reach the "500 likes in 6 months" threshold needed for the community mods to actually bring the suggestion to developers (deadline Dec 13, 2022). Please also share the new thread on your social media! 

kismeteffect

I want this so bad for the audiobooks on Spotify(they are pretty much long playlists). I NEVER finish an audiobook in one sitting so of course I want to listen to other stuff at some point and then go back to the audiobook. Right now this is not possible and makes listening to audiobooks really uncomfortable. I don't get why this request gets closed down over and over again...