Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
RMH1
Because imho they don’t look or really care. This feature missing is like a car with 3 wheels
stadi1

Why hasn't this been implemented yet? This has been requested since ages (see other requests that you've closed) and a lot of people seem to be interested in it.

I don't feel that Spotify is giving be anything that is useful anymore. I'm thinking about cancelling my subscription.

PuppetMaster000

I seriously hope this gets implemented. I have a playlist on shuffle and at no point can I stop and play an individual song because this just mean I restart the playlist and the songs I already heard are back in shuffle...

Worse yet, sometimes you will press a song by accident or open it on a different device, or stupidly enough what happened to me today, Alexa out of nowhere misheard a video playing and picked a random song to play, ruining my playlist. How resuming isn't an option after this many years boggles my mind.

Vlade

This has been requested for years. It should not be difficult to implement.

_0ltbf-2fypx9

I'd literally switch to any other platform if they offered this. Do they by the way? Please let me know if so since requesting this simple feature for years hasn't worked so far... My phone is full of screenshots to help me remember where I left off and it's annoying.

RMH1
I agree... I am not on Twitter or Facebook but I would suggest someone post
our disgust with this feature and Spotify's lack of interest in providing
this to one of those platforms. Spotify does not read their own mailers but
I suspect calling them out on one of those platforms would get their
attention

rick
c5t_a7-yniwwm

It's been literally a decade since this was first proposed. Please implement this feature.

Just recently subscribed to Spotify Premium after using Apple Music. I had assumed that this functionality would be available but unfortunately not. A real draw back as far as I’m concerned. Would be great if it could be added

Lolipop1974
Has Apple Music added this feature?
icemaker

Yes please!

This is so annoying when switching a lot between multiple playlists.