Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
bartotte

@spotify wrote:

This is not a new idea by any strech, it was already posted in 2012! I guess this is just Spotify's way of managing stuff they don't want to invest in. But why?

Zex86

I never miss a new Discover Weekly or release radar, but I think it would be good if there was a resume button of the last song played.

I often jump in and out of playlists so it would be good to go back to the playlist of last played.

Same with albums, if you’ve listened to half an album then fancied a different vibe but want to go back to it. 

christianmartt

I wanted to come in contact with Spotify to let them know a suggestion of mine that just came to mind. I think it would be great if the developers came up with a way to mark where you left off with a playlist. It’s very frustrating not being able to tell how far along the playlist you were when you lasy listened to that said playlist. I don’t know, it seems simple but maybe it’s not. Thank you! 😂

melle-harmjan

i would like to see a playlist memory function.
if you switch between different playlists (or search for a different song, or close the spotify app) spotify will remember where you left off (also in shuffle mode) and you don't hear the same songs over and over again.

jermaine__

Oftentimes I will be listening to a playlist of my own but see another (maybe in the browse section for example), and want to check it out really quick. Would be cool if there was some functionality to switch between playlists across the service, but have the app remember our place in the playlists rather than us trying to search for it and get the same groove going again.

ollynomnom

Imagine a playlist of 1000s of songs your friend has shared with you. You want to listen to it in order, you get to about track 67 and go to the gym. You put your gym playlist on shuffle then after are driving home and want to continue listening to your friends playlist where you got up to. At the moment there is no "continue where you preciously were up to option". I think this would be a nice feature so you dont have to take mental note where you were up to in a playlist.

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-16

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

rikverstraete

this is the way netflix works. You start viewing 1 serie , next day series 2, the next day you continue the episode you ended viewing the first day ! would love this feature too in spotify ! 

northeastern99

The Spotify "Recently played" list shows playlists, not songs.  That never made sense to me.

Lisa_morrow

I think this is a great idea! And making it an option which Spotify doesn't like to give us it seems, so hopefully if they do implement this idea, they will give you a choice to re-shuffle or start from where you left off.