Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
optyman

I've been using your app for many years. two enhancements that you should really consider are as follows: 1.) Add a no-repeat Shuffle, so that songs on your playlist are shuffled, but not one repeats until all of the songs are played within your list. 

justinacele

just better shuffle in general lol. i find that my playlists of 1000+ songs play the same artist's songs 4 times in a row even though it's shuffled.

freedude

Pleeeease add this feature, first comment here was in 2012, it's 2022 and we're still hoping 🙏

koeban

I came along with the need for this feature over and over again since me and my family started using spotify a couple of years ago.

For me, this feature is a must have. No matter if my kids listen to different audio plays or switch between audio play and music playlist or if I start listening to a podcast or audiobook and need/want to switch to an album or playlist, there really needs to be the possibility to resume the previous list later. Audio plays and audibooks as well as many playlists usually compile plenty of single items and no one could remember where the list stopped the last time listened to.

Maybe it is not necessary to save such a resume point for every list I ever listened but at least for the last 2 to 5 would be great and would greatly improve the listening experience.

Jorgew7

agreed this is a necessary feature. My friends and I share Spotify song links with each other often.

However if I am driving I have to scroll back to where I was in my previous playlist once I have finished listening to the 1 song.

It would've good if it could automatically carry on from where I left off.

iamsparky

Want to throw my support behind this.  I have one large playlist that I listen to every day.  It would be nice to have the queue for this pick back up where I left off should I decide to toggle over to play something else.  I almost hate leaving my main playlist because it will repeat tracks I've already heard when I go back.

Ashcolors

Please, please, please, add a way to save where a listener left off within a playlist. Every time I switch back to this long playlist I follow I have to scroll through hundreds of songs to find where I left off. Please add a button that takes the user to the last title that was played within a given playlist. THANK YOU! ❤️

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-01-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-01-18

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Hawks33

This should really be a thing. As someone that flips between a ton of playlists and albums through out the day between activities it’s incredible frustrating to have to keep a manual list of where I am at on each one.