Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
spice3d

How does this not exist still?

margevicius

I run a audio bingo game using spotify playlists with different genre's/decades/etc (e.g. 50's, classic rock, movie themes).  Each night I pick 2 themes (for example 50s Pop and classic rock).  So I start with the 50s first, play 20ish songs, someone wins the game.  Then I switch to classic rock playlist for game 2, and do it again.  But when I switch back to the 50s the playlist often will repeat the same songs we heard in game 1, despite there being about 100 songs available to choose from.  Very frustrating for the audience.  Is there anyway to limit the playing of a song to once per day regardless of how many times I switch in and out of the playlist? that would be awesome.

IdoL

Having the functionality to add bookmarks inside of playlists will be a useful and simple feature to have, especially if you have a playlist of over 1000 songs of the same genre. Please upvote and get this feature released soon. Thanks fam! 🤗💖

bayswins

Hey all,

I’m wondering if anyone else would be interested to have the albums and playlists set up sort of like a video streaming service. When I’m listening to an album especially, but want to listen to something different, when I return to that album I’d like to go back to the same spot. So maybe a “Continue” and “Restart” button when opening the album or playlist. 

Thanks for reading!

Fabio_C

Hovered here to see why this feature is not yet implemented, it should be a no-brainer. I'm pretty tired of manually ticking where I left last time. And siimply discarding the idea with "no, we are not going to do that" for years is not the best example of "we listen to customers".

Peter

Idea: Make it possible to resume a playback session where you left off, specifically for playlists in Home > Recently played shelf.

Recently-played.png

Current behavior: When returning to a recently-played session, the session will be restarted and will not remember which songs have already been played.

Pain point: It is inconvenient to interrupt and have to restart a session and to listen to/skip through songs you've already heard from the playlist you were listening to.

Use case: I am often browsing Spotify while listening to something (usually a Made for You playlist or my Liked Songs on shuffle) and I will select a song from another context, either on purpose (e.g. to hear one specific song on my Release Radar playlist), or by accident (e.g. if I accidentally click on a song without meaning to play it).

Caffeine

Every video streaming service has a "resume at last position" functionality. Spotify didn't manage to implement this simple feature after 10 years, it's ridiculous!!! What does Spotify think how we customers use this project? For instance I regularly switch between podcasts, albums, and playlists (based on my current mood etc) and I want to be able to continue where I left off. 

Caffeine

correction: What does Spotify think how we customers use this product?

cartooph

This is spot on, need a place to keep track when exploring v large Playlists. Por favor!!! 

Daveljones

This is a great idea and should already be built in to Spotify, like others have said similar to the way netflix works. I see it's closed again! What a shame.