[All Platforms] Screen Saver to Save OLED and Plasma TVs!

I saw posts separately for smart TVs and Apple TVs, but this is a general issue.

I have a Roku in particular, but I think this is an issue across platforms.  The screen saver functionality is not even as good as free Pandora!

In response to an Apple TV screen saver request ...

Definitely!

Not only critical for older, high end plasma TVs but also critical for new OLED TVs.  Look at RTINGS.com if you don't understand this.  For those of us who want higher quality TV displays, we shouldn't have to be afraid of burn in because of our choice of music app.  (no flames please, I know some higher quality, expensive LED LCD TVs are also good displays.)

To an earlier poster in the old thread that said this was an HDCP issue, no, because I can turn off my TV and the TV will be blank.  There will be a temporary pause as the HDMI resyncs, but then the music from Roku Spotify comes back on.  If this doesn't work for you it is a setting in your TV and/or your receiver.  But, this annoying because:  you have to choose do it, you don't know what song is playing without using your phone, and the resync delay.  Better would be a rotating screen saver like Pandora does (but better, don't have any fixed location white hot spots for volume, title, etc.).  This is better than TV off - more interesting, and you can tell what is playing.

Updated on 2020-03-23

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your idea here in the Community!

This has already been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Smart-TV-Screensaver-on-Smart-TV/idi-p/4626488

We'd recommend heading over to that idea and adding your +VOTE and feedback there to show your support and contribute to the discussion.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-03-23

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your idea here in the Community!

This has already been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Smart-TV-Screensaver-on-Smart-TV/idi-p/4626488

We'd recommend heading over to that idea and adding your +VOTE and feedback there to show your support and contribute to the discussion.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.