[All Platforms][Search] Allow anybody to search for your name - not user ID

Since deleting my facebook, no one has been able to search for me unless they have my user ID. I can search for anyone, even people that don't have facebook or that I'm not friends with. However, accidentally, I reactivated my facebook the other day, but my friends (who ARE friends with me on fb) still can't find me on spotify?

Why can't spotify make it so that literally anyone can search for your name, whether they have fb or not, whether they're your friend or not, and whether or not your spotify is linked to fb. I'd like for people to be able to search for me if they want to, not having to go ask for my user ID, in which no one would remember, let alone myself lol!

Updated on 2020-07-06

Hey @Shevcatx,

We haven't heard back from you in a while, so we're going to close this idea now.

Feel free to submit a new idea - just make sure to familiarise yourself with our guidelines first, as well as including any additional info we requested in our last post.

Cheers!

Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-06-30

Hey there @Shevcatx,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here in the Community! In order to give the proper status to your idea submission, we'll just need a bit more info.

It's already possible to search users in the app with their chosen display name. If you haven't added one to your account, you can take a look at this article for more info.

Keep in mind that if your account was linked with your Facebook profile, it might take take a couple of days for the changes to take place if you connect it after it was disconnected. You can also find more info if you're having troubles about this in this Spotify Answer.

When searching for a user in the app, you can always click "See all profiles" in case a more common name doesn't show up first in the search results you get.

Further, if you're having troubles with the app, you can always report it in our Help boards.

With this in mind, could you give us some additional details on the feature you'd like to see and how it'd work? This way, we can make sure we're on the same page.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-07-06

Hey @Shevcatx,

We haven't heard back from you in a while, so we're going to close this idea now.

Feel free to submit a new idea - just make sure to familiarise yourself with our guidelines first, as well as including any additional info we requested in our last post.

Cheers!