[All Platforms] Search/Filter across all playlists

It would be awesome if we could search/filter for a song (/artist) ONLY within our playlists (/liked songs).

Reasoning:
1) Sometimes I forget in which exact playlist did I put the needed song
2) I reckon many of us may like only certain songs of a given artist

Use-case:
1) Type in search-bar, say, 'Scorpions'
2) Get a pseudo-playlist of all 'Scorpion'-songs from all my playlists ("All Rock", "Rock Ballads", "Relax songs" etc)
3) Hit 'Play all filtered'
4) INFINITELY enjoy the experience 🙂

P.S. A bit wider idea would be for Spotify to implement a fully-functional filter:
Smth along the lines of "Search for XX in Genre YY in [playlist(-s)/anywhere] "

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @CountGenius!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Comments
CountGenius
Casual Listener

P.P.S. For others struggling like yours-truly -- right now I'm using the following bypass:
1) Create a new Playlist
2) Name it 'My Library' (Or anything else for that matter)
3) [Desktop] Go through every. single. playlist. you. have.

4) Select all song using 'Ctrl+A'
5) Drag-n-drop 'em into the newly created playlist (In my case, 'My Library')
6) Click 'Skip duplicates', if it appears
7) Now you can use search only on this new playlist, which contains all your playlisted songs

Luan
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-07-23

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Jose_M
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @CountGenius!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Related Ideas