[All Platforms][Social] Adding a chat function

I consider the interaction between an user and the followers in Spotify is very poor, so I think it would be nice to have a chat function, which would be directly in the app, something different from the Spotify Community.

There, it would be possible to chat with someone directly or create a group. If you create a group you will automatically be the admin of it, but you could assign more admins later (Like groups in Whatsapp). To add somebody in a group you would have to send an invitation to the user, but you can only invite users that are following you. In the chat would be possible to talk, recommend songs, artists, albums, playlists, podcasts, etc.

Also there would be possible to listen to music or podcasts together. To start this function you have to share whatever you want to listen with somebedy. There will be an option called "Listen together" or "Listen with". After selecting that, you have to choose one of your groups or a friend.

• For groups: Only admins would be able to start this function and when an admin does it, a notification will be sended to the rest of members so they can join if they wan to. What's been played and what will be played is controlled by the admins, but the rest of members can make suggestions and the admins have to accept or reject it.
  • For individual chat: You and your friend can control what's been played and will be played.

If you have any suggestion let me know in the comments.

Updated on 2020-04-09

Hey there @CheeseEater,

We haven't heard back from you in a while about this idea. We'll go ahead and close this idea for now since we don't have any additional details in order to give it a proper status.

However, you can always submit a new idea with the requested details if this is still something you'd like to see in the app.

Let us know if you have any questions, we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-03-30

Hey there,

Thank you for submitting this idea, we'll just need a bit more info to understand it first in order to give it the proper status.

There are a couple of ideas similar to what you're suggesting: 

You can also chat here in the Community with other Spotify users.

If what you're suggesting is somewhat different, it'd be really helpful if you could include some additional details on how it'd work in the app.

On another note, if you're having troubles with the app, you can report this to us by following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

Similar idea...

I'd like emerging artists to submit their song recs to my highly-subscribed playlist. Rather than having artists msg my personal social accounts, can you create a Spotify inbox? I'd like to help the music community.

Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-04-09

Hey there @CheeseEater,

We haven't heard back from you in a while about this idea. We'll go ahead and close this idea for now since we don't have any additional details in order to give it a proper status.

However, you can always submit a new idea with the requested details if this is still something you'd like to see in the app.

Let us know if you have any questions, we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂