[All Platforms][Social] Anonymity/Display Name feature

I have a lot of playlists I share with people, but sometimes I would like to be anonymous. Actually I'd like to constantly be anonymous, but I can't change my username. What about a display name, a name which other users can see? For example;

Username: Spotify123

Display Name: The Avid Listener

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-10-10

Hi!

Your suggestion was submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't received enough kudos. In order to maintain the ideas exchange, ideas are eventually marked inactive. This does not mean that your idea has been rejected: if you still feel strongly about your request, you can repost your idea.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-10-08

Marked as new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

Wongwong

I would like my real name to not be used on my play lists at least!

Blodstokkinn
Gig Goer

Bump

user-removed
Not applicable

I have disconnected my facebook and the name still shows on my spotify account, and any lists I create? 

Please allow me to hide my name, this is not cool.

user-removed
Not applicable

Any update?

_schmoozie_

Why is it necessary to plaster a facebook name on every playlist?

If you want to share a playlist with the world, you shouldn't have to have your government name associated with it. Putting this information out into the world makes it easier for any fool to guess a password for this and other websites to hack in and screw you over. 

If the option exists to have a unique spotify username, why can't people just switch or edit their name while still being able to log in with facebook?

Almost EVERY other social media platform (twitter, facebook, SOUNDCLOUD) has some version of a display name option. For security/identity theft reasons this should be a top priority.

DesiJ143
Casual Listener

I would love to be able to share my playlists on my blogs and on the various websites I go on. But because it shows my real name on the playlist it has stopped me from sharing. Especially since I googled my name and saw that someone I had problems with had posted my address online, I have since moved and changed my phone number but still. What if I hadn't looked up myself and I had shared a playlist on Tumblr or something? My full name would have showed, anyone could have googled me and found that information and possibly came and tried to harm me or something. I know it sounds ridiculous, and that theres a slim chance but these things happen! And its scary, at least let me use my username I created before I connected to facebook instead of my real name. I have kids and this isn't safe for me or them to share music (which is what I thought this was for) without some way to be anonymous and safe.

Warmbers

Agreed. Seperate editable display / searchable public name would be great.

Basically lose fakebook reliance.

blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-10-10

Hi!

Your suggestion was submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't received enough kudos. In order to maintain the ideas exchange, ideas are eventually marked inactive. This does not mean that your idea has been rejected: if you still feel strongly about your request, you can repost your idea.