[All Platforms][Social] Karaoke mode

A karaoke mode where the text is being shown and highlighted at which point it is. This would be perfect for showing on a chrome cast for a party!!

Maybe not the best explanation but the typical karaoke experience.

Please share if you would like this feature!!!

Updated on 2020-11-06

Hello music lovers,

We're closing this one as "Duplicate" since a similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it to show your support!

You can also check out ideas below, if you'd like to vote for more karaoke features within the app:

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Happy listening and singing 🎶

Comments
osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-26

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

cjgreenstreet
Visitor

Love this idea!! Definitely would use for parties!

Techie_Texan
Visitor

They could implement it under the menu of the song where we could turn off vocals. I hate having to have two versions of the song (one with vocals and one instrumental) because it clutters up my playlist space.

user-removed
Not applicable

I just tried to suggest karaoke, but not for parties (which we can't have now due to Covid) but for mental health during a time of isolation. Music is healing. Singing is healing, and Spotify has the ability to connect, to heal, to create joy and laughter via karaoke for co-horts and people stuck at home. 

The moderator Elena, took off my timely new suggestion and directed me here (it appears this is an inactive suggestion - not sure how that works as I'm new here - not new to Spotify though). So hopefully someone sees the relevance and timeliness of this suggestion and the positive power Spotify can have in people's lives in this crucial time in history. 

Too bad one person gets to decide instead of leaving it to the community.

Xenia
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-11-06

Hello music lovers,

We're closing this one as "Duplicate" since a similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it to show your support!

You can also check out ideas below, if you'd like to vote for more karaoke features within the app:

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Happy listening and singing 🎶

Related Ideas