Picture the scene:
Your at a house party and you have your phone connected to the Bluetooth speaker. You get to that point in the night where your playlist of 50+ songs has started to get a little stale and people start requesting you add some of there choices to the queue. You then find yourself being bombarded with people asking for you to add their song to the queue as you’ve now become known as the guy who controls the music.
My solution ... to provide a communal party playlist that people can queue songs to, through the following features of the app.
1. Party goers will be able to find your playlist by searching for you and looking for the ‘live’ playlist (a playlist will be seen as live if it is being listened to by you at the time).
2. They will then be able to queue songs to that playlist if your playlist is listed as public.
3. You can set a limit of the number of queued songs people can submit to help limit one part goer taking over the playlist.
4. You could also potentially be able to restrict the genre .. so that you don’t have somebody queuing Beethoven at an R&B party night.
5. It could also be interesting to have a live feed of songs that have been submitted ‘queued’ so that you can veto any potentially risky choices as admin of the playlist.
I hope the above makes sense! I think it’d be a great addition to the app and would add another layer to Spotify’s growing social scene.
Updated on 2019-05-07
Similar ideas have been suggested here:
If possible, please vote for them, and add a comment there, so they may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.
For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂