[All Platforms][Social] Make Spotify more Social

Spotify is great. 

It's my most used app by far. As far as aesthetic goes, I am totally in love with the green and black scheme that has been Spotify's trademark for years now.

But you know what could make Spotify even better? A social tab.

Yes, there is a live feed of what your friends are listening to on the desktop version. But you can't really interact with it. 

If Spotify could add a new "Social" tab (along with the current Home, Search, and Your Library pages), interacting with friends would become so much easier.

The tab would include whatever your friends are listening to, but also an area where you and your friends can add a "Highlight" section. In the Highlight section, you can post any song/playlist/album/artist that you are currently listening to. Whenever a friend visits your profile, they'll be introduced to your newest hits!

This new social tab would also make it much easier to navigate to friend's pages, especially on the mobile version (which most users have). 

And there are so many more ideas that can be added to a social aspect! This is just the tip of the iceberg! 

Your fellow Spotifier,

SJJBuckeye

Updated on 2019-01-02

Hey there,

That's a great idea, but something similar has already been suggested.

You can check it out here.

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rising Star 18 ardacebi
Rising Star 18

I had the same idea this morning, definitely supporting!!

josh-bridge

I also had this idea, I think it would be good if you could get updates if a friend has created a new playlist, or has updated one you already follow (if you follow a lot of them this could get annoying, so maybe only notify for the ones you've listened to most or something). You could 'feature' a playlist on your profile, like artists can currently do on their pages. You could also show your friends' most frequently listened to artist(s) from the last week.

Overall I really think spotify could be a lot more social as at the moment its a bit of a pain to see what your friends are doing. But for me what I really do NOT want is another 'feed' to scroll, as I don't think anybody would use that. I just want a 'discover'-like social tab with some highlighted updates and that's it. Maybe include some of this social stuff in the discover page itself as well.

liayzabel
Regular

Yes! I think this and being able to directly recommend songs/playlists/albums to a user!! I support :)

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-01-02

Hey there,

That's a great idea, but something similar has already been suggested.

You can check it out here.

Have a nice day!

Luke