Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Social] More social media platforms to find friends

In Spotify we can find friends only using Facebook, but most of my friends aren't on Facebook, including me. It would be really helpful if Spotify helps us to find friends with various other social media like Instagram, Pinterest, Tik Tok, or Snap, per example. 

Updated on 2022-01-20

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension! 

Comments
Peter
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-06-26

Hey @Keerthi18,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

diedx

Good idea! Also: I don't use Facebook. Would it be possible to hide all bars and more to request to be linked to 'friends'? 

ouchanator

Or perhaps be able to share songs with friends from within spotify like this suggestion that got closed down from 2017 - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Sharing-songs-with-Followers/idi-p/4380895

greekgoldrush

Currently you can only "find friends" by connecting to facebook. I don't have facebook, so i think it would be cool to find twitter friends and friends from your phone contacts?

I know spotify don't seem to care so much about making the app a more social experience but lots of people enjoy sharing music with friends.

Also just.... being notified when people follow your playlists (+ options to follow playlists anonymously), being notified of new followers etc. Would love to have a more social experience on the app. 

eljaponmemola

Hi. My idea is simple. I want to connect my friends on Instagram or Whatsapp to see what my friends are listening to or what public playlist they have. Of course, respecting the privacy of each person. Showing or hiding the activity of friends. Whether or not you want to connect with different friends.

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @Keerthi18!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Insane-Squirrel

Being able to connect through GitHub along with other platforms (other than FB) would be nice to be able to listen to music that others enjoy while programming on different projects.

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-01-20

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension! 

togaaaaa

idea 1:

• I think a way to message other Spotify users would be cool, if you find someone with a similar music taste to you and you want to either compliment them/make friends with the
  •  or simply a way to connect your social media pages to your account so people can follow you there, which is probably easier 
LoudMouthJester

I don't use facebook so I cannot add friends. Suggestion - Remove Facebook, Add Snapchat. Or just add all social media platforms