I think a great feature on Spotify would be if you could send songs that you like directly to one of your friends that you follow within the app on all platforms. Then, when your friend/follower receives the song suggestion:
1. It pops up as a notification on their phone/desktop
2. It gives the user a choice to 'add to queue' or to 'play now' or 'ignore'
3. The user can then 'thumbs up' or 'thumbs down' so that the original sender can see what their friend thought of the suggestion.
4. If the original notification is dismissed or the song suggested is 'thumbed up', the suggested song moves into a 'Suggested by XYZ' playlist which the user can come back to and access later.
I realise that there was an inbox feature previously that was discontinued, however this is because people don't need to send messages within Spotify. This suggestion is more simplistic and beneficial in that:
- It's easy to receive a song suggestion.
- It's easy to access the song suggestion.
- Users don't have to leave the app or try to remember song titles from screenshots their friends have sent them.
It will be more beneficial to, and enhance the social aspect of Spotify which currently is very limited in that you can only follow users and/or their playlists.
Updated on 2021-01-09
Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.
Similar ideas have already been suggested - feel free to add your vote to them below:
More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.