[All Platforms][Social] Spotify Jukebox

Spotify Jukebox. When 2 or more friends with Spotify accounts are listening to music on a singular sound device, like in a car, room speaker, gym speaker, etc... there could be a queue system whereby people could queue up the songs in the order that they want to be heard from their own device, kind of like jukebox. So several people are contributing to a constantly updating playlist potentially for parties, workouts, social gatherings, etc.

This works for two major reasons. One, it gets annoying and confusing when people are constantly running up to the person in control of music requesting song after song and frankly some people end up feeling left out and one person’s music taste dominates the playlist. Second, by making it a premium only option, it would make many people download Spotify and then switch to premium so they could contribute and have their voice heard in social settings. This potentially over time could be implemented into bars and small clubs, but I feel trying this out among the general population of users is a good start. 

I am not well versed in software setup or the technical process necessary to carry out something like this. But this would be a phenomenal addition to the app. I’ve mentioned it to several friends already and they thought it was incredible and wish it existed within the app as well.

Updated on 2020-03-23

Hey @Troymaples 

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-One-Phone-Everyones-Songs-Shared-public-Queue/idi...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-03-23

Hey @Troymaples 

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-One-Phone-Everyones-Songs-Shared-public-Queue/idi...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂