[All Platforms][Spotify for Artists] Concert tab under deceased artists Profiles

I just realized the *idea* when I wanted to save music from artists who have passed away into my Spotify library. Some of the information on artists was not available for starters and the most disturbing part was the tab for Upcoming concerts tab was available for an artist who has passed away. That tab being visible empty or not on an artist's Profile does not look good and the users can help maintain the tab in a way. 

Each country can provide a person(Spotify Expert) or team to review Artist's information and suggest the correct one where required, the next phase will be verifying the new information and it be updated where needed. Already sources like Wikipedia and social media accounts have the information that can fix the issue of having empty tabs and blanks. I would really like to also be a part of this Team making Spotify the Best music streaming platform.

I am loving the Windows version. I literally forgot where I put my music External hard drive since all my music is right on my devices and easy to access. 

If my Idea is considered I know for sure the team responsible for making updates would gladly volunteer. I would even explore other genres, that is how much music and order means to me. Screeshots are added below to show the issue this Idea will deal with.

Thanks.

About.jpg
concert.jpg
goog.jpg

Updated on 2020-01-18

Hey again @Mosa-Alien-Skat,

We’re closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.

Please post a detailed explanation of the change you’d like to see, with one idea per thread again in the Idea Submissions board.

Regarding the About section, keep in mind that it's something an artist or his team should be able to update at any point - there's more info here.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-01-11

Hey there @Mosa-Alien-Skat

Thank you for submitting this idea, we'll just need a bit more info to understand it first.

Just to confirm, are you asking for better management of deceased artists profiles or a way to collect information about deceased artists from users and update their profiles accordingly?

It'd be also helpful if you could clarify if that would be limited to the Concerts tab or other tabs as well. Further, how would that appear to users when coming across an artist's profile?

Keep in mind that if you have more than one idea, you can make a new Idea submission for each one. This way we’ll know exactly which idea folks are voting for. 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Mosa-Alien-Skat
Casual Listener

Hello Katerina

The main idea here is to have users who will confirm the deceased artists so that the Concert tab can be deactivated for the deceased artist. The information missing on About tabs for artists can be updated with what is available online either by the same users or Spotify Team.

Thanks

Hey @Mosa-Alien-Skat,

Thanks for getting back to us and for clarifying your idea.

Regarding Artist profiles in general, these are managed by the artists themselves, so it is currently up to them to provide information about themselves.

As for your idea with regard to deceased artists in particular, could you provide us with the URIs of artists on Spotify who you think would benefit from your idea?

Thanks - keep us posted!

Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-01-18

Hey again @Mosa-Alien-Skat,

We’re closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.

Please post a detailed explanation of the change you’d like to see, with one idea per thread again in the Idea Submissions board.

Regarding the About section, keep in mind that it's something an artist or his team should be able to update at any point - there's more info here.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.