[All Platforms][Spotify for Artists] Cover artist (along with other contributions) credited on music

Cover art is an important part of every release and some of the time sells someone on checking out the release, it would be great to have an option to add credit to the artist on a release.

Same thing can be said for other people who have had their hand in a release, with physical releases you can usually find a whole list of credits for a track, the option to add this into the digital releases would be amazing.

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey @TheCoverArtGuy 

A similar idea has also been suggested here, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Discover-Album-notes/idc-p/4939452

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Casual Listener

I just signed up to the community to put this idea forward. The current information for the track is lackluster at best. What is needed is a breakdown of the artists involved, release date, labels, country etc. The more info the better - Surely that information is very easily and readily available? And if not, why not have the premium users update the tracks? They could be vetted somehow, perhaps by a voting system (just sharing ideas here).  

Visitor

I was on my way to post the same idea just now. Giving artists credit for their work is essential! A possible solution could be to have an artist's page - just not as a musician - where your Instagram, Twitter or hwatever is linked!

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey @TheCoverArtGuy 

A similar idea has also been suggested here, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Discover-Album-notes/idc-p/4939452

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂