[All Platforms][Subscription] Allow Multiple Logins from the same account

Today per account you can only have one device playing at a time.  So if you have your account playing on your home speakers you can't also have it playing in your car.  or if you have it hooked up to a bluetooth device upstairs you can't also play on a different bluetooth device downstairs.  

Allow multiple symultainious logins with the same account.  I would pay extra, I just don't want to have my music turned off because someone else turns on another device somewhere else in the house.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-12-17

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-03-20

Marked as a new idea 🙂

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

Yes!! And they don't necessarily need their own Spotify ... In my case, my mom and 2yo son live with me, neither of whom have the wherewithal to be able to manage a Spotify account . All of my connected devices (Echos & Google Homes & car) default to Spotify, because their own streaming services are meh. However, if I'm listening to something upstairs and my mom asks an echo to play Sonny and Cher's, "I got you babe" for the millionth time, my music turns off. I just need multi-device, different song streaming.... If that's the new family plan, then great, but the deets on the family plan are a bit light on the mobile site.

Casual Listener

This seems especially valid for the Family plan.  I recently upgraded to Family plan so my wife and I can both listen to music.  We listen on our cell phones, on a home Sonos system, and on a car with Spotify built into it's entertainment system.  We never listen on more than two devices at a time.  We have very similar music tastes and would really like everything to be setup under the same account so we always have our library, playlists, recently played, etc regardless of device.  However, if each device is setup to use the same account, we can only listed on one device at a time.  By programming each device to it's own account, we can listen on multiple devices, but we lose all the library, recently played, etc information that is so useful.  This is very inconvenient.  It should be possible to stream on at least two devices using the same logged in account with the Family plan.  A less ideal solution would be to allow two accounts in the family plan to share library/playlist information.

Visitor

Please please please do this it’s so unfair to be paying to connect to up to 3 devices or whatever it is and not actually listen with those devices. You have marketed the premium subscription as being able to connect to multiple devices when this is actually FALSE because you can’t even listen on them. Great way to lose customers to Apple Music which is already way better. 

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-12-17

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!