[All Platforms][Subscription] Enable multiple device playback for single user on family plans

I'm subscribed to Apple Music and iTunes is really terrible. I absolutely hate using it. In my opinion Spotify is totally superior in every way, no question. But why am I on Apple Music? It's because Apple Music's family plan lets me play music on multiple devices simultaneously with just one user account and Spotify doesn't.

We have multiple computers and devices at home that everybody shares. My daughter uses them when I'm listening to music at work. If we want to listen to music at the same time, I have to teach my daughter that she needs a seperate user account, with her own name and password, and that every time she wants to listen to music she has to be aware about which account in active and has to know how to log out and then log in with her own credentials. I think that's rediculous. My daughter is 7 years old. She shouldn't care about user accounts and passwords. She just wants to listen to music. 

I would like Spotify to have feature parity with Apple Music in this regard. Can family plans get a bit more flexible? Even limiting to two simulatenous devices would bring me back to Spotify.

Thanks!

Updated on 2018-10-13

Hey @OnTheKob

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Sprotify-Connect-Multiple-Speakers-Devices/idi-p/614088

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2018-10-13

Hey @OnTheKob

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Sprotify-Connect-Multiple-Speakers-Devices/idi-p/614088

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)