[All Platforms][Subscription] Family Plan Member Account User

I believe it would be beneficial to be able to link family plan membership directly to a

specific device Mac address in addition to individual email accounts.

Updated on 2020-02-01

Hey again, 

We’re going to close this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.

Please post a detailed explanation of the change you’d like to see, making sure to check if a similar idea has been posted beforehand.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-01-25

Hey there @Randy25159,

Thank you for submitting this idea, we'll just need a bit more info to understand it first.

It'd be helpful if you could give us some more details for example, how users would log in so we can give it the proper status.

We'll be keeping an eye out on your reply, thanks!

Randy25159
Casual Listener

Hello Katerina,

My idea is linked to two categories which create issues for me as a single parent and home owner. My daughter has two Apple devices, a iphone and an iPad. I am willing to dedicate two of the six of our Spotify Family Plan Links to. I can’t figure out how to do it without setting up more bogus duplicate email addresses and fake people to keep track of. 

But, if there was a choice to use a table in my Spotify Profile showing the six authorized links that I could then populate with my recognizable device names and their respective Individual device Mac Address names, well, that becomes a very secure and user friendly tool. Plus it would help me manage and dedicate the remaining legal 

logins to my family plan. 

thobi

Why do you need two accounts for this? Why wouldn't she just use her login on both devices? 

Hey @Randy25159,

Thanks for getting back to us with clarification.

To follow up on what @thobi mentioned - could your daughter not use the same account on both of her devices?

If not, could you explain why this is the case, and why it would be beneficial to have accounts assigned to specific devices?

Thanks - keep us posted!

Randy25159
Casual Listener
I am aware we can log in and log out on multiple devices.

I would like to leave one of my family license dedicated to my apple TV connected to my home sound system. I would prefer not have to log out of my iphone and log into the Apple TV to use it. It’s a pain in the **bleep**.

I also have a Workshop with an
iPad connected to a great old stereo for tunes while I’m working there.

Again, I’d rather not spend my time Logging out of one device and logging back into this one.

I have six license with my family plan that I would like the freedom to use how I choose. Instead, the system now mandates the licenses must be issued to six different people.

This standard model does not suit my needs as well as device dedication would.

Hey again @Randy25159  - thanks for adding all those details!

Keep in mind that a couple of similar ideas about linking multiple accounts for easy access in one device have already been suggested here:

We'd recommend heading over to them to add your support or find more details.

Further, it's always possible for you and your family members to use Spotify Connect or AirPlay to stream to your Apple TV. For more info on using Spotify with your TV, we'd recommend taking a look here.

For example, if your daughter is using two devices (her iPhone and iPad), she can always log in with the details of her Spotify account on each device (without having to log out of the other) and stream music from either. She can also always use AirPlay to listen to music on the Apple TV, without having to log in. 

You can find more info on how each family member in your plan can use their own Premium account here.

Let us know if that helps clear things up! 

Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-02-01

Hey again, 

We’re going to close this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.

Please post a detailed explanation of the change you’d like to see, making sure to check if a similar idea has been posted beforehand.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.