[All Platforms][Subscription] Google Home mini promotion eligibility for family plan members

Since we pay more then the standard plan for our family plans why is there not a way for us to also get a free Google home mini. It is frankly showing poor planning and disrespect to those like myself paying a higher tier plan. I would like to be valued and have access to this just like any other regular spotify user. I am hoping this gets fixed since the Google homes are only available until May 2nd or until supplies last, which I dont believe will be that long considering all my friends are currently on a wait list already. Super frustrating situation!

Updated on 2019-04-21

Hey there,

That's a great idea, but something similar has already been suggested.

You can check it out here.

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Ogie92
Music Fan

Lol they don't care, I've spoken to 2 representatives and the only way is to cancel your subsciption, upgrade to single premium, redeem the promo then upgrade back to family.

Or you cancel someone out of the family, they upgrade to premium, and get them to redeem the promo.

Such a hassle just be cause we're on family, and I don't understand why.

greasyhighrolle

I too would like to know as I have a family account that will remain active until April 22nd, even if I try and switch to a regular premium account.

sixpercent

Yea this is insane. How did this get missed? We pay more for a higher tier plan and can't access benefits of a lower tier plan? 

Definitely need an admin response to confirm they're working on a solution for this. Otherwise they just punished their family plan users for absolutely no reason. 

janika80
Music Fan

If they had any business sense they would have made it available for the family account, thereby encouraging people to upgrade their basic premium.  More money in their pockets.  Now they just have a lot of **bleep** off family plan people.

Preniumfamily

This doesn't make sense, the promotion should extend to ALL premium members including people with the family plan. I am definitely **bleep** off.

Mateya
Casual Listener

Thank you to everyone who has been supporting this post. I have recieved a reply from spotify's team telling me to change down to the regular plan. Which involves waiting changing my plan, waiting until my new month switches over, then ordering my Google home, then switching back. Which I think is a poor solution instead of just changing their promotion to work for all premium members. It is a solution, but one that takes much more effort and time on the customers part then the companies. I am hoping that everything goes smoothly and I am not jumping through all these hoops just to have them not be available by the time I am able to order one. Not to mention that logically it will take a month to have my membership switch back to the family plan after that so the rest of my family will not have spotify for that time. I am happy to finally be getting some assistance on the matter but also think this was a poor solution all in all. 

janika80
Music Fan
Tweet #spotifail and be sure to tag spotifycanada and spotifycares
Mateya
Casual Listener

Good idea janika haha

GMoney187

This is really poor planning on Spotify's part. For the family users, we pay more monthly and would cover the cost of a Google Home Mini within 5 months of payment. I don't agree with having to downgrade to a single premium account just to take advantage of the deal, they should provide us with a link the same as everyone else. I've been subscribing to a family plan for almost 3 years now.

Mateya
Casual Listener

I fully agree gmoney  but apparently this is the solution they have in mind. So what else can I do. It is super frustrating and I hope they have learned from this mistake to think about their loyal and higher paying customers next time something like this comes up. I am disappointed but I can only assume that the higher ups know this issue by now and are deciding just to tell their customer service representatives to tell us to finagle our way into the promotion by doing it this way rather then actually solving the problem on their website and making it easier for everyone.