[All Platforms][Subscription] International gift card (please !!)

A few months ago, I wanted to offer a birthday present to a person that badly wanted to have a premium account. 

It was the perfect gift and the person was so thrilled to have it, it was beautiful ... until the emotion rollercoaster started. 

The gift card code was not working because ... turns out that our accounts weren't from the same country (mine = Belgium and the other person's account = English). 

Spotify support center actually informed us that you cannot buy an online gift card for someone whose account is not from the same country as yours. You'd have to buy it physically in the gift receiver's country. 

WHAT ??? In such globalised world ? Where we have friends all over the world which we cannot be physically with but care about and would like to offer them gifts that would make them happy ?

Please Spotify, you'd make my day (month, year) if you could let us offer your premium gift card to anyone, anywere in the world... 

Updated on 2018-01-28

EDIT: This idea has been reposted here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Gift-card-of-spotify-premium-for-another-country/i...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2017-02-18

Marked as new idea.

scompi

Unfortunately some months later nothing has changed and I have the same problem. Really bizarre... we're in 2017!

fanfanfois

By being so backward looking, Spotifiy is missing out on business.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-01-28

EDIT: This idea has been reposted here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Gift-card-of-spotify-premium-for-another-country/i...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!