[All Platforms][Subscription] Non public account

Please provide the ability for accounts to be completely private.

I don't want anyone following me, or having the ability to search for me, see my playlists. Although I can make my playlists private, I can't make my account private.

I use Spotify to play music. That is all. I am not interested in going into "Private Session" mode to achieve this, as I believe this is the wrong way round. By default everyone should be in private mode & chose to make their information public. No one should be able to find me and more importantly follow me without my permission.

Updated on 2017-08-05

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-08-10

Marked as new idea.

dusiets
Gig Goer

Spotify is a social music application. If you don't like the social part, just switch to private mode, turn off notifications and enjoy your music. Unless you are a famous artist, I don't see the problem why people are not allowed to follow you

ihateemails-irl
Casual Listener

Spotify initialy started as just a music streaming service. That was when I joined. It decided to become more social, automattically publish all user information without consent, as far as I can tell. So by default all accounts should be private & you should opt in to the social aspect of the service, not opt out.

I have a follower, that I have no idea who they are, what they can see on my account & I can't get them unfollow me. Who is this stalker?

For non-tech savvy people, who just want to stream music, they may have no idea as to what is going on behind the scenes with their account. 

I see a problem with people being allowed to follow me without my consent. 

Even in private session mode, I cannot remove this follower.

dusiets
Gig Goer

I see where you are comming from. People could indeed find this annyoing.

For your information: If you go to your profile and then click on the "followers" tab, you can see who is following you. As far as I know spotify does not show any private information. This follower should only be able to see your recently listened to list and your public playlists.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2017-08-05

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!