[All Platforms][Subscription] Student Discount for Sixth Form/High School Students

With the introduction of SheerID as the verification site of student IDs to check eligibilty of student status, students who are currently in Sixth Form or High School are no longer privileged with the student discount. This, quite frankly, is seen as unfair from the point of view of said students. Being in full-time education and only having access to part-time weekend jobs, many students in Sixth Form or High School simply cannot afford to pay the standard premium rate of £9.99, and thus will have to sacrifice their use of premium all together, leading to an overall loss for Spotify. 

I, along with many others, believe that the access to student discount should be widened to those at Sixth Form/High School. It is to my knowledge that this is not something Spotify itself can directly deal with, but that this issue is at the fault of SheerID and therefore it is only in spotify's hands to review this and suggest to SheerID this alteration. 

Updated on 2019-07-11

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

A similar idea has also been suggested here.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Thanks!

Comments

Agreed, as sixth form students we deserve the discount too, it’s the same as college! 

I agree!! Other forms of being a student should be allowed to receive the student discount.

Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-07-11

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

A similar idea has also been suggested here.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Thanks!