Announcements

[All Platforms] Support for Plex

Please add support for Plex so that we can have the power of Plex & Spotify combined 🙂

A previous idea had been posted by someone and had 70 votes but are now closed.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Spotify-support-for-Plex-Media-Server/idi-p/639682

I think now is the time! 🙂

The idea has been reposted here

Updated on 2018-01-30

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
blake
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-12-26

Marked as new idea. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

zeronow

It would be great to fire up Plex on my smart TV and be able to see a native music section that is simply powered by Spotify. Let Plex manage all of the UI updates, because my Smart TV's Spotify app has a very out-dated and simple UI.

zcippy

I totally agree, Plex could link musicvideos to your favorite songs (by an already implemented feature btw) and when it's time to party you just hit play on your favorite Spotify playlist and voila! 🙂

weisheng

It would be a great way to integrate our personal music collection with Spotify's discovery features.

lbguest

I agree.  Would love to see this implemented.

tel19

Definitely need this

Jacob
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

The idea has been reposted here

Updated on 2018-01-30

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!