[All Platforms] The Power of Changing Names!

So let's begin. If you don't want to read this all just head to summarising part.

I admire so much Spotify for its features and I don't have to download tons of music anymore.

I guess I'm a bit organized and the Spotify makes it easy for me to enjoy a song I'm not gonna lie I'm a music junkie. 

My idea is:

Once the Spotify now let us enter the account using our email and auto generate a ID for every new accounts We as a user should have the choice to change our display name since it has no interference with the ID. Many people would like to change their display name and it could also brings more security for those who made the account before the update.

So my idea comes from some applications I use that have the username, which is unique and nobody knows but its owner and also have the display name, which is shown on the profile for everyone else to see. For example: Steam, Uplay (with a limit of time to change it again), Origins and many others are adopting this feature.

I'm sure the community would be satisfy with that, it is really great to have this freedom to chance our profile name (display name) at any time, so we'll not need to make a new account if we want to change our display name. 

Summarising: 

With the new update, when we create an account it's given an auto generated ID for us which it is unique and we cannot change it. The display name is just something that will be there for us to make us a profile and search for people, friends etc. but we can even have the same display name as anybody else. 

That being said now we know that the display name isn't unique. So why not let us change our profile names? 

This is my feedback. 

I guess that all for now. I think I said too much sorry for that. I'm new to forums so I'm not good with it but I'm trying.

Thank you Christoper from the support for encourage me to post it here.  

I Hope they bring us this feature. :) 

Sincerely,

Birdyr a Spotify Customer.

Updated on 2019-06-18

Hey @user-removed 

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Add-Display-Name-Option-for-User-Account/idi-p/4531721

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-06-18

Hey @user-removed 

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Add-Display-Name-Option-for-User-Account/idi-p/4531721

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)