[All Platforms] Universal Sync Default Playlist/Song Sort Order

It would be really nice if once I sort my playlists, or sort the songs within a playlist, on any device, that it would sync across all the devices I use, instead of it being sorted per device, and by the inherent default of order added. If I sort them on my computer, I shouldn't have to sort them on my phone. If I've sorted them in both places, Alexa should also play them in that order. Logically, they should be saved within my account by the last order in which I sorted them, regardless of where I sorted them.

There needs to be a universal sort order either within account preferences, or within the list of playlists (to sort playlists) AND within the playlists (to sort songs), that once sorted, they are permanently and universally sorted that way. It should also apply so that if a playlist is renamed, it is automatically adjusted to the sort order that was chosen (i.e. alphabetical).

Update 2020-04-25: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-03-24

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-05-24

Marked as new idea.

snap_dragon

I'd like to add something to this idea;

Universal sync for playlists would be great, but this should extend to people who follow a playlist. 
If that playlist is 'universally' sorted by Title for example, it should be sorted (by default) by that sort for all who follow it. 

Luke
Spotify Star
Spotify Star
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update 2020-04-25: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-03-24

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke