[All Platforms] Visualizer

I think it would be awesome it spotify had a visualizer that synced up with the music.  It is a feature I use in iTunes when I have company over and I believe Spotify would benefit from having one.

Updated on 2017-10-30

Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. In the interest of full disclosure, we’d like to share with you the status of this request.

After serious consideration, we’ve decided not to introduce a visualizer for the desktop app. As a result, we’ve marked this idea as Case Closed.

While we know this is a popular request, we don’t feel the majority of listeners would benefit from the addition of a visualizer at this time.

Thanks for understanding, and please keep those ideas and requests coming! Together we can make Spotify the best it can be.

Related Ideas

Comments
Trocket2

did spotify remove the visualizer in the previous update? if not, what do i type in to find it. spotify:app:visualizer doesnt work anymore

ryabys
Roadie

the recent update removed it

vicswar
Gig Goer
Spotify doesn't have a visualizer. However, there are a few good
third-party visualizers you can use with Spotify. An okay free one I found
is called "Music Visualizer." A really awesome one that costs $3 is called,
"ProjectM Music Visualizer." That's the one I use. You can find both on the
Google Play Store.

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2015-04-15

Hey everyone. While we used to have a visualizer beta for you all this feature has been removed. We're reopening this idea for a visualizer with the Desktop app. You can continue to leave your feedback for this feature here, thanks!

c0rpus

I like the idea. I always used SqrSoft's plugin for Winamp many years ago. Thumbs up.

IronMask75
Casual Listener

Thanks to the @SpotifyCares team on Twitter for directing me to this topic.

As a plasma TV owner and PlayStation 3 and 4 user, this was the first feature I looked for when I started up the Spotify app on the PS4. Image retention is still a problem for us plasma owners and the lack of a full-screen visualiser during music playback is a big drawback for me.

It doesn't really have to be anything really complicated; you could simply have the song's thumbnail pic move about the screen with the background dark or black; anything to avoid having that giant, bright white, static pause symbol in the middle of the screen.

ciarangallagher

It's actually bizarre that Spotify doesn't have a Visualiser. Not only would it be a relatively cheap feature to develop, it would be a great selling point for premium memberships. 

Almost every media player I can think of on desktop computers since I've known computing has had some sort of trippy visualiser for the music, so why can't the Spotify desktop application have a visualiser?!

There is nothing entertaining to look at when listening to music on Spotify, give us something!

Royale206

I think a visualizer for the desktop app would be great, but more importantly I'd like to see it more on the new spotify PS4 app considering since it came out I've been streaming from there since its easier and I don't need to plug in cables or anything.

be1

I suggest getting an old copy of Winamp and loading up the visualization that were part of that community.  Contact me if you need a copy of the older visualizations before they went pay.  "WhiteCap" is a popular one to add-on.

AngryCarton

i like the idea of a visualizer! i was also thinking maybe the option to play the music video for the song if youre in online mode and it has one!?? hope this comes soon!