[All Platforms][Your Library] A way to keep classical music separate from everything else

I am a classical musician and I use Spotify for both classical and modern listening. But somehow I would like to keep these two worlds a little more separate - in the same way one might have two phones, a work phone and another for outside of work.

For example, under the albums and playlists tabs, it would be great to have some 'sub-tabs' or folders where I could have classical music exclusively organised and ring-fenced and then my other genres together like normal (pop, EDM, techno, indie all sit quite happily together).

My frustration perhaps shows up most with the Like function. The automatic 'liking' of songs mean that my Liked Songs is a monstrous beast filled with songs that I don't even like or know, from techno drones to rogue movements from Beethoven symphonies.  There are thousands of songs in this playlist alone - and no quick way to mass unlike or start afresh. 

I would really appreciate if there was a way that I could keep my two musical worlds separate - because they are so very different. I would love a quiet space where I can find all my classical albums and playlists together and enjoy my modern styles as another body of music. 

I'd love to hear your feedback. Thank you! 

Updated on 2020-03-23

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your idea here in the Community!

Something similar to what you're proposing has already been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Music-Multiple-Listener-Profiles-Work-Mode...

We'd recommend heading over to that idea and adding your +VOTE and feedback there instead to show your support.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-03-23

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your idea here in the Community!

Something similar to what you're proposing has already been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Music-Multiple-Listener-Profiles-Work-Mode...

We'd recommend heading over to that idea and adding your +VOTE and feedback there instead to show your support.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.