Announcements

[All Platforms][Your Library] Add notes/comments for each song added to a playlist

I am aware of this feature request here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Music-Add-Notes-to-saved-Music/idi-p/4523079

But it is inactive now. It has more than 195 votes. Please consider this useful feature.

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
Peter
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-07-15

Hey @gdpn5yr_-ncas,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

ilana_07

It would be great if this feature was added to individual songs as well as playlists and albums! There could be a separate comments section that would show up under Your Library. Then you could filter the data type that's displayed by song, playlist, album, artist, etc. The UI could also look similar to the description section for playlists to provide an intuitive navigation that users are familiar with. Hope this idea gets the necessary votes to be considered 🙂 

miky_w
Visitor

Being able to add notes to saved tracks would be incredibly useful for anyone that collects music over time. Is there a third party plug in or add on that allows us to do this?

Manford
Casual Listener

I'm studying music history and I want to add the date the song was written next to each entry, having a note system would have so many uses besides.

Come on Spotify, this idea has been submitted a few times now with hundreds of votes!

musicmaster_75
Visitor

Seriously, this idea needs to be considered...I am thinking of creating a memorial playlist for a dear departed friend who loved music...I'd like to share why each song in the playlist meant so much to him...Come on, guys...Let's get this idea back on track...You KNOW it's a good one!

Narmerguy
Casual Listener

I would love the ability to create mixtapes for friends and leave a little note for each track (or some of them), maybe with some thoughts on why it's cool, things to listen for, memories maybe that we shared. I would share way more playlists with such a feature! 

sjfranks
Visitor

This idea has been requested several times, again and again. It's a recurring requested feature. I think it would be amazing. Sometimes I'll hear something about an artist that reminds me of another, and I love keeping these notes for myself. Wouldn't it be great for the artists know these comments as well, to anonymously aggregate these comments? It's better than a professional review.  That's a future idea once you FINALLY get this done (9 years of requests!!)

Carlislec

When adding a song to your playlist, I think it would be a cool idea if we had the option to add a short little message about the songs you add. For example, if you want your followers to know the reason you like a certain song, you could add things such as "powerful lyrics", "here for the chorus", "funky bass", or "great for late night drives". That way, your listeners will know what to look for. Or, I guess, what to listen for. I just think it would be cool for others to know what you appreciate about certain songs. The message could pop up when you hover over it with your mouse or there could be a little symbol over to the very far right of the song to indicate a message attachment. There could be a character limit to keep them short and simple.

Kikki_Speranza

This could be a fun thing that friends can do when sharing songs between one another. I frequently see people engage in this type of thing when naming playlists as they have fun with it (think of those playlists that have an oddly specific title). I can also see this coming in handy for those songs where you remember a bit of the chorus but the title of the song is totally different so, if the text feature got added you could also choose to add lyrics from the song which you will recognise. I imagine this could be a fun feature which could have many uses for people.

Jacob
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.