[All Platforms][Your Library][Albums]Function to Order a Playlist by Album and Album Release Date:

I love to build play lists, but just randomly searching for songs seems so old school.  Build an interface for advanced searchs.  

• Look at some of the search filters on ebay or amazon for ideas.
  • Split your screen in three columns.  The left column is your possible filters.  The middle column is the list of songs that meet the criteria and the right column is a list of songs in the order they will play for the current playlist selected.  
  • Don't populate the middle column until there is less than say 500 songs that meet the criteria so the page loads at reasonable speeds.
  • Allow the user to drag music up and down to create an specific order for the playlist if they want.
  • Allow the user to insert the new song any where in the list.
  • FILTER 1 - Year - Make a double ended slider that lets me pick the beginning year and ending year of the music I want to search.
  • FILTER 2 - Genre - Let me click on genre' that I am interested in.  For example, classic rock, indie rock, today's country, and swing jazz.  
  • FILTER 3 - Only Original Artist - A simple check box that filters out re-makes 
  • FILTER 4 - Only Original Recording, Live recording, remixes, or any combination of these - A series of check boxes that show the corresponding songs.
  • FILTER 5 - BPM - Another double ended slider that lets me pick the slowest and the fastest beats per minute desired.
  • FILTER 6 - No Explicit Lyrics - Check box to block Explicit Lyrics
  • FILTER 7 - Show Suggestions - Show song suggestions based on current filters cross referenced against the playlist song.
  • FILTER 8 - Male, Female or Both - Narrow list by gender
  • FILTER 9 - Season - Similar to genre', but look for christmas music, mardi gra music, new years, etc, etc.
  • FILTER 10 - One Hit Wonders - Might be a long stretch, but this is a common search.
  • FILTER 11 - Top 100 only - check box that filters the top songs based on other filters.
  • FILTER 12 - Sort by - Artist, Album, Release Date, Most likes, BPM, Billboard Rating. 

Updated on 2020-02-12

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your idea here in the Community!

Keep in mind that this has already been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-More-Playlist-Sorting-Options/idi-p/4584240

We'd recommend heading over to that idea and adding your +VOTE and feedback there.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-02-12

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your idea here in the Community!

Keep in mind that this has already been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-More-Playlist-Sorting-Options/idi-p/4584240

We'd recommend heading over to that idea and adding your +VOTE and feedback there.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.