Announcements

[All Platforms][Your Library] Editing local files information

Theres many songs i like that arent available on spotify for my region and i hate adding a song with no album image or artist image.

When adding a local file it should give us the option to tag it with a certain artist and/or album, this way when searching up songs it would come up as the selected artist when playing. 

Hope this makes sense

Updated on 2021-02-21

Please refer to the main idea for more information: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Desktop-Edit-Local-File-Information/idc-p/4557541

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Comments
hezorg
Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-08-26

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

plath
Regular

we keep telling you to bring this back. it was annoying enough when you got rid of it. 

i am still using an earlier spotify client because i want to use spotify as a media player. 

please stop ignoring your subscribers and being a pain. and just put the function back. 

LLAMASrCUTE
Music Fan

Thanks, this is among the things I miss the most in Spotify 1.1.x compared to 0.9.x. Both the Open Folder where a local file is stored as well as the Edit function where I could fix bad/incorrect/incomplete id3 tags, which used to be just a RMC on a local track to access.

And while it's great to add artwork to playlists, I'm afraid it's not going to be enough of a reason for me to not roll back again to an older Spotify version (which even scrolls normally - but that's not the topic here). So definitely upvoted this "idea", like all the other ideas that were basic functionalities taken away at one point.

Jacob
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2021-02-21

Please refer to the main idea for more information: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Desktop-Edit-Local-File-Information/idc-p/4557541

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂