[All Platforms][Your Library] Library Search

TLDR:  Add ability to search Your Library by additional categories such as artist, track, genre, etc. This will illiminate having to use the main Spotify search to find songs you already know you have liked. +Upvote if you're interested in this idea. 

My idea is to allowing users to search Your Library by other categories other than just playlists which would make this area much more usefull. Searching by artist, track, genre, etc, would make it easier for users to find music they already have in their library.  Currently the only way, that I can find, to do this is by using the main Spotify search function. Which brings up a whole bunch of results that I'm not interested in because I am interested in a particular track that I know I have saved to my library. For instance, searching "Sky" brings up tracks by 5 different artists and a random track/artist as the first view. Clicking songs gets one step closer but if the song you're looking for contains a common word or phrase this list can seem infinite. Being able to quickly search Your Library would provide a great experience for users that know what they are looking for in what they already have. 

@drewmc posted this idea 7 years  ago and it was closed due to lack of traction.

Be sure to +vote if you're interested in this idea!

Updated on 2019-09-10

Hey there,

Since the idea has changed somewhat since it was first posted, we're going to close this idea.

Feel free to repost it to include any clarifications by creating a new idea.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)

Related Ideas

Comments
helpme5

I would like to see this possibility inside playlists too!

Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2019-09-03

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're not sure but it looks like what you are looking for is already possible.

There is a second search field called Filter which is located on top of your list of Artists, Albums or on top of the playlist. On mobile you'll need to drag the list down to reveal the Filter.

Let us know if this is not what you mean. Looking forward to your reply.

SROwl
Casual Listener

@Guido, thanks for your response. I do see what you're talking about on the iPhone and appears to do what I am requesting.  However, I would go on to suggest making this much more intuitive or even adding a "songs" tab. I do not see a way to do this in the web player. 

Hi @SROwl,

Could you give us an example on how it could be more intuitive?

If you'd like to see sorting come to the web player, you'll need to create a second idea for this. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

SROwl
Casual Listener

@Guido

Without you giving me instructions I had no idea that there was a pull down menu for filters, unfortunetly the most helpful feature is missing in the filters which would be "track title." And actually looking into this a little further I'm still unable to find specific songs in my library by searching for the track title. It happened to be that the song I tested previously also had a single album released for it. None of the filters appear to support this, I thought "title" under the Albums tab worked but it does not appear that way now. 

I think a good solution would be to add a "Songs" tab inline with the playlist, artists, and albums tabs on the mobile app with search capability. 

Hey @SROwl,

Thanks for clarifying all that :)

We're going to close out this idea now. Regarding your last suggestion (namely "to add a "Songs" tab inline with the playlist, artists, and albums tabs on the mobile app with search capability") feel free to make a new idea about this and to repost it in this thread. That way, other users who have voted for your original idea can be redirected to your new idea.

Thanks again! Take care :)

Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-09-10

Hey there,

Since the idea has changed somewhat since it was first posted, we're going to close this idea.

Feel free to repost it to include any clarifications by creating a new idea.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)