[All Platforms][Your Library] Liking an album should like all its included songs

Basically what the title says: make it so that upon liking an album in any spotify app, all the individual songs within it are liked as well. Or if you wish the user to have that ultimate choice, make it a settings option.

Updated on 2019-09-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Saving-albums-should-saved-all-songs-to-Li...

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Related Ideas

Comments
behzad0947

I'm sorry, But this is a terrible idea.

It is good the way it is right now. 

RevertSpotify19
Visitor

Couldn't disagree more. If you don't want every song saved to your "recently added" from saving an album go through the album and individually like the songs you want.  That's Thisthe way Spotify has always been. This new update has been terrible, almost like Snapchat updates. 

surrahprescott
Visitor

People saying this is a terrible idea or disagree seem not understand the full input you gave. Im operating spotify mostly on my Android, so the big difference here is that instead of "liking" an album or song, I hit an add/download button. But when I hit "download" to an entire album, it doesnt download it to my songs, just to a separate section on Spotify for albums. Now this was misleading for me, and I couldnt figure out why/where my music wasnt showing up. I listen to music through my downloaded songs, and Id prefer it when I hit download for the songs on the album to appear in order in my downloaded songs. Otherwise, i have to manually save/download each song off the album, essentially in backwards order. So to the people complaining about this being a terrible idea, no its not. Itd be a lot more convenient to save an entire album directly to your saved songs, and then unsave the ones you dont want so that way the album stays in order. I remember when ASAP Rocky's Testing album came out, and Id hit download to the album and itd do exactly as I described, saving the album in chronological order into my saved songs. But now, Im downloading the Tyler The Creator Igor album, and I had to go search for it in my "albums" section, and then manually save each song from the last song to the first song to create the same chronological order. Its a mild inconvenience yes, but its twice as much work than unsaving a couple of songs versus saving each song in backwards. So as OP suggested, giving a settings option (i.e. designating where the songs save) for either method is the ultimate option for the users preference. 

Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-09-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Saving-albums-should-saved-all-songs-to-Li...

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here