[All Platforms][Your Library] Pay more to increase song limit

Idea: Premium + subscription at a higher price for a bigger saved song library. 

Hi,

I have been an active Spotify user for 2 years. I particularly love the curated playlists "Release Radar" and "Discover Weekly."

I recently realized that the saved song limit is 10,000. I am filled with dread about the day I reach this. I've only had the app for 2 years, am I am already at 4,000 songs. The rate of which I save songs is increasing as my knowledge and tast of music expands. I doubt I have another 2 years left before I hit 10,000 songs.

To put this into perspective, the two curated playlists I mentioned are refreshed every week. They have 30 songs each, which are perfectly matched to your music taste. If i save the songs from these two playlists every week (not including other artists I discover), I will hit the limit in less than two years!

This angst really makes me wish I had chosen Apple Music from the beginning. 

Spotify always snaps back to comments like this saying that they won't increase this limit because only 1% of people reach this... but more and more users must be getting close to 10,000 in the next few years?!?

I propose a new subscription called Premium+ that has a larger library limit for a higher cost. Although it SHOULD NOT have to be this way, Spotify doesn't seem like they will budge.

Final thought: Spotify boasts over 35,000,000 songs ...but you can only save 0.00028 of them. I will encourage my Apple Music friends to stick with it. 

Shawn

Updated on 2019-08-13

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Your-Library-Increase-maximum-Songs-allowe...

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Visitor

Shawn,

Thanks so much for posting this--this is exactly why I came here, to suggest the same idea. The concept of a limit is antithetical to the point of the platform. I too subscribe to multiple curated collections and am at a point where I need to unfavorite something if I want to add somethign new. That has to be the worst UX design for a music streaming platform. I'm sure there's something on the backend that makes it difficult to expand this, but that's not a good-enough reason to ignore it (I looked through other posts about this and Spotify's typical response is SOLVED: "yes, we have a 10,000 song limit."

It completly takes me out of the experience of enjoying the platform. Furthermore, that's valuable data Spotify is missing out on because I'm no longer favoriting songs with the same frequency. I too would pay extra every month to have that cap raised or eliminated. Apple--your main competition--has a 100,000 limit. It is getting to the point where that may be a dealbreaker and I'll switch platforms.

Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-08-13

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Your-Library-Increase-maximum-Songs-allowe...

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here