[All Platforms][Your Library] Play all songs in Your Library

How about a general "Main" Shuffle Button that covers everything you hear on your account?  A button based on all playlists, all the artists you follow, and all the songs from the library.  If, as is so often the case, you can't decide what you should hear, you can be inspired by this Shuffle Button.

Updated on 2021-05-20

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 500 votes in 18 months. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
MightyAimetti
Regular

Completely agree, as it stands you have to either seek out specific songs or albums to play or play a radio and hope you rediscover stuff

or play a playlist you created unfortunately still limited in songs so you cant just add them all in.

OR like every single song

none of these options are good. 

Also spotify keeps deleting my topic saying there are others like it but still never actually do anything about it.  Wouldnt be using this **bleep** if it wasnt free for me.

Dabogues
Casual Listener

I recently switched over from YouTube Music, and once I got my library transferred over with a little help from third-party software, I'm generally pretty happy with Spotify. I can get used to most of the interface differences (some better, some worse, in my opinion), but ONE thing keeps annoying me---and that is the complete inability to shuffle everything in my library. I am fairly certain this used to be possible with a "Tracks" section in Spotify, but it appears to have been removed in some update. It would be nice if Spotify emulated the more compact layout to scroll through things a bit fast, but at the very least, just add the option to "shuffle all songs" within my library. Why this would have been removed in the first place is baffling.

almostsane

This isn't a new idea. I have personally been asking for this for years along with your community. Your competitor can do this so why can't you?    Actually have my own post on this. 

Yeseniabtw
Visitor

There should be a ‘Shuffle Everything’ button. An option to shuffle all of your playlists at once. Since not everyone keeps all their music in their liked playlists. 

boudie
Visitor

Yoooo i thought I was the only one!

shelbywren
Visitor

This is a great idea. 

saliya

Really missing the option to shuffle all the songs in my library. Apple Music has an option to view all the songs in my library and play all/ shuffle all which is really handy when you just want to listen to music without any preference to genre or artist. we badly need such a feature in Spotify. 

dvbird

The desktop app has a button to play everything within a folder containing playlists.  The mobile app doesn't.  Shuffle is also supported.  I would like this feature on mobile.  It seems easy to implement.  Put a 'play' or 'shupple play' button on each folder display page.  Shuffle or not based on the shuffle toggle next to the 'play' icon while playing or paused.  Long drives, or a day at the office demand sets longer than the contents of single folders, or artists. 

I saw a similar request set to 'not right now'

Jacob
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-05-20

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 500 votes in 18 months. You can read more about the idea process here.

Bloo_Ink

There is already a filter at the top of the library for downloads, playlists, creator etcetera. Add the functionality to play/shuffle by those parameters. 

In other words play/shuffle all of the library's playlists seamlessly. Play/shuffle all of an artist seamlessly. Play/shuffle all downloads seamlessly. Or just play/shuffle the entire library seamlessly. 

I've included a possible option as a screenshot.

Screenshot_20210730-232918.png