Announcements

[All Platforms][Your Library] Please bring back sort by Artist

Removing the feature that allowed the user to sort by artist has fundamentally changed my music listening experience for the worse. I thought it would just take some getting used to, but after many months I still deeply dislike this change. When I can't sort by artist, I end up forgetting about vast amounts of my library and artists I used to love just rot in the dark depths, only having the chance at seeing the light of day if I happen to shuffle my entire library (which I never do) or if I randomly have the artist pop into my head and decide to search for them.  I am losing connection to lots of artists from years ago because of this change. I don't understand how this improves the app in any way and desperately want the feature to return! Please! Thank you!

Updated on 2020-04-28

Hey there @jackmoe,

We haven't heard back from you in a while about this idea. We'll go ahead and close this idea for now since we don't have any additional details in order to give it a proper status.

Keep in mind that you can find more info on sorting Your Library by Artist in this Spotify Answer.  If you're having troubles locating a sorting option, the best way to find help is our Help Boards.

However, you can always submit a new idea with the requested details if this is still something you'd like to see in the app. 

Let us know if you have any questions, we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Comments
Petya
Community Legend
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2020-04-17

Hi @jackmoe,

Thanks for shooting an Idea Submission!

Can you tell us a bit more about you not seeing the option to sort by Artists? It'd be very helpful to make sure we're on the same page.

It'd be great if you could let us know:

• What device and OS you're on
  • What are the exact steps to sort by Artist that you're trying out
  • What's your exact Spotify version
  • A screenshot of how your Spotify looks (where should the Artists be but aren't)

Thanks in advance, keep us posted!

Katerina
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-04-28

Hey there @jackmoe,

We haven't heard back from you in a while about this idea. We'll go ahead and close this idea for now since we don't have any additional details in order to give it a proper status.

Keep in mind that you can find more info on sorting Your Library by Artist in this Spotify Answer.  If you're having troubles locating a sorting option, the best way to find help is our Help Boards.

However, you can always submit a new idea with the requested details if this is still something you'd like to see in the app. 

Let us know if you have any questions, we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Related Ideas